[dev] Contributing IMP a client-side email signing feature

Mariano Eloy Fernández fernandez_marosc at gva.es
Thu Jul 13 02:27:07 PDT 2006

Hi,

I want to contribute a feature to IMP: signing an email with browser
capabilities.
I have downloaded Horde 3.1.1 and IMP 4.1.1 and changed some PHP and
Javascript code.
I am able to sign using Mozilla's crypto.signtext() and both Outlook
Express and Thunderbir can
verify the signature. This allows for smart cards to sign. Moreover,
there is no need to upload
the private key, wich broke some security policies in my organization.

The thing is I need some guidance from some Horde developer to put these
changes in the
right place.

Anyone who wants to contact with me, I'll go into details.

Thanks,

Mariano.