[dev] jonah api question

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jul 17 20:19:47 PDT 2006

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:

> Alright, while I'm on my api kick, any objections to a
> _jonah_stories() method?  Yea, I know I could just get the stories
> via RSS, but I'm looking for a bit more control over how many and
> which stories are returned.  I'm basically refactoring a web site to
>  use an existing horde install to handle some content management
> functions...

Well, I have two responses:

1. No objection, but maybe news/getStories would be better? Not a
strong feeling.

2. You can also make it possible to send parameters with RSS requests.
And if we added Atom or GData support, even more possibilities appear.
Also the opensearch extensions allow for paging, and are supported in
RSS, Atom, _and_ GData.

-chuck