[dev] [cvs] commit: incubator/beatnik viewzone.php incubator/beatnik/lib Beatnik.php base.php incubator/beatnik/templates/view view.inc

Ben Klang ben at alkaloid.net
Sat Aug 5 09:05:56 PDT 2006

On Aug 5, 2006, at 12:00 PM, Duck wrote:

> On Saturday 05 August 2006 17:16, Ben Klang wrote:
>> I don't know that I agree with this change.  Advanced mode is checked
>> every time the zone as a whole is viewed and when adding or editing a
>> record.  That is probably 80% of the page loads.  Why not keep it in
>> the session?
>
> The advanced mode is mainly used for superadmins, right. So the
> main usage
> would be of customers that mainly uses normal mode? Otherwise I
> will move it
> back.
No actually advanced mode is for anyone.  The idea was to make adding
DNS records as easy as possible for people who don't care about
technical details while allowing "power users" extra functionality.
The same is true for viewing the stored zone data.

Example: TinyDNS allows for location codes on each record.  Most
people don't use the feature but I still want it to be available in
case someone wants to use it.  The same is true for other, TinyDNS-
specific fields.

Does that make sense?
/BAK/