[dev] beatnik

Ben Klang ben at alkaloid.net
Sat Aug 5 09:29:04 PDT 2006

On Aug 5, 2006, at 12:10 PM, Duck wrote:

> On Saturday 05 August 2006 17:45, you wrote:
>> Yeah I can look into that.  I don't want automatic grouping unless it
>> can be done without interfering with a user's personal grouping/
>> categorizing.  I plan to categorize by customer  and that can't be
>> inferred (easily) from the domain name or TLD.
>
> Actually I didn't see the usage of user categories.  It consists
> only of a
> link to prefs editing. Maybe an automatic grouping would be even
> better since
> I doubt that normal customers will have hundred of domains and a
> normal TLD
> grouping would be enough.
The ability to assign domains to categories has not yet been added.
Really the only work in that direction is the categories box in the
domain list page.  The checkboxes are intended to show or filter the
view to only the selected categories.

Again I would be ok with automatic grouping but only if it doesn't
interfere with a user's personal grouping.  I think if a user doesn't
have that many domains then automatic grouping won't be a big help
for them anyway.  It's really only for users who have to deal with a
large number of domains (like me :) ).  Maybe we could make it a
preference whether to group by TLD or not.

/BAK/

--
Ben Klang
Alkaloid Networks