[dev] [cvs] commit: ingo/config backends.php.dist

Ben Klang ben at alkaloid.net
Mon Aug 7 10:34:19 PDT 2006

On Monday 07 August 2006 13:26, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Ben Klang <ben at alkaloid.net>:
> > Perhaps instead of /* */ for commenting out config lines we could use '#'
> > ?
>
> I'm not a fan of # for any comment styles. It's also not included in
> the PEAR or Horde coding standards, and none of my editors play nice
> with them. I feel like there was another reason for this, but I'm not
> coming up with any right now. Open to further feedback...

Last I checked (a few months back admittedly) Horde coding standards were
silent on disallowing '#' but I learned by convention not to use them.  I'm
surprised that your editors have trouble with them; all the editors I've used
(Quanta+ [which is based on Kate] and vim) never had any trouble.  Since '#'
is valid PHP for commenting, wouldn't the editors that break on them be
considered a bug?  Or are '#' deprecated somehow?  I'd be interested in
hearing the reason they are not used.

/BAK/

--
Ben Klang