[dev] Special prefs question

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Aug 11 14:10:43 PDT 2006

Zitat von Duck <duck at obala.net>:

> As I can see, when we use a special pref type, the Prefs::_setDefault()
> ignores the default value. So how to set the defaults without user
> interaction, and not let them be null?

Special prefs are not supposed to store preferences, but to display an
interface inside the preference screen that can't be done by any
regular prefs. It's all about displaying. You need to store the values
that you set in a special pref screen in a different preference (if at
all), usually an implicit preference.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/