[dev] [cvs] commit: imp/templates/javascript compose.js imp/templates/javascript/src compose.js

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Aug 16 11:13:56 PDT 2006

>>  Log:
>>  Make this error message work correctly with firefox (at least).  In that it
>>  no longer pops up anytime the window is closed.
>
> What Firefox version, and what times were you seeing this that you
> shouldn't? On sending messages? I only ask because it tested okay
> for me on Firefox and IE, mac and windows.

FF 1.5.0.6.  On 3 different computers.  The issue seems to be ff will
register the onbeforeunload function when first defined, so setting
window.onbeforeunload = null later doesn't unregister the original
function (I think this is the desired design since it allows multiple
onbeforeunload events to be added) which is still fired whenever the
window is closed.

I was getting a confirmation window *every* time I sent a message and
cancelled a message.  About the most annoying thing ever.

Then again, my solution doesn't seem to work either since closing the
compose screen now does not pop up the window either.  But at least I
can send a message without having to go through 2-3 popups.  In either
event, this needs to be disabled or reverted until it is working
correctly.

michael