[dev] Pigeon Authentication

Ben Chavet ben at horde.org
Tue Aug 29 21:45:43 PDT 2006

After really digging in to pigeon authentication, it seems to me that
using pigeon as an app to authenticate against doesn't really work.
There are too many fields besides user name and password required for
a general LDAP connection.  Look at the current pigeon CVS to see what
I mean.

If anyone can think of a good reason to continue to work on this, I'm
all ears.  Otherwise, I'm inclined to strip that (currently not
working) functionality.  Especially since we already have LDAP
authentication via Horde.

I visualize pigeon to be geared more towards an LDAP administrator, or
a user base who is familiar with LDAP.  Both of which would know what
information to put into the login form.

Thoughts?

--Ben

P.S. Pigeon is open to development by whoever is interested (B.Klang?).