[dev] cvs

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Thu Sep 7 10:46:47 PDT 2006

Quoting Benoit St-André <benoit.st-andre at revolutionlinux.com>:

> We had the same weird broken router problem in the way between us and coyote.
>
> On our machine ,
> echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_window_scaling
> fixed the problem
>
> See http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.horde.devel/14376 back in the list
> for complete info.

Thanks for the info, I have tried this already actually, but
unfortunatly, this particular 'machine' is a virtual machine and we
are unable to set the window_scaling values on a per-vps basis...and
understandably, the host doesn't want to scale down the tcp window for
every virtual machine on that particular physical host...  This is a
bit off topic, and I can take the answer via email if needed, but is
anyone aware of any way to help diagnose where the bad router is?  I'm
afraid I'm not much of a network guru...

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)