[dev] search_charset parameter in imp/config/servers.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Sep 11 17:59:57 PDT 2006

Quoting Matt Selsky <selsky at columbia.edu>:

> I'm looking at the comments for setting
> ['imap_config']['search_charset'] and they say:
>
> *              'search_charset' - (boolean) Whether the IMAP server supports
> *                                 charset selection during searches.
>
> However, var_dump of $_SESSION['imp']['imap_server']['search_charset'] shows:
>
> array(1) {
>   ["UTF-8"]=>
>   bool(true)
> }
>
> The documentation is out-of-date, right? (Also the wiki examples
> http://wiki.horde.org/ImpImapConfig)

You are right - I have fixed the documentation.

> If I hard-code imap_config (yeah, yeah, it's not supported), do I
> need to list all character sets that the server supports for
> searching or is UTF-8 sufficient?

We only check if the current browser charset is supported, and then we
fall back to UTF-8. (this is why hardcoding isn't all that helpful
here).  I guess I could add some code that will fallback to UTF-8 if
it exists and is present in the search_charset array.

michael