[dev] kronolith MS-SQL support patch proposal

Onyx Raven onyxraven at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 10:01:27 PDT 2006

SQL Server Express works - it took a little work (I had to use the
named instance to connect... the syntax there is wierd and I think
breaks most string DSNs (peardb's 'mssql://...', etc) with
'hostname,instance') - if you need extra info I can get more specific
information.

The freetds connector in PHP isn't perfect (its error propogation for
errors inside procedures is weak), but its definately the most stable,
especially in high-load environments.