[dev] kronolith MS-SQL support patch proposal

Ben Chavet ben at horde.org
Mon Sep 18 10:43:54 PDT 2006

Quoting Ben Chavet <ben at horde.org>:

> So, forget my patch (I'm glad I posted it here before committing it,
>  otherwise I'd have to go through the hassle of reverting...I hate
> reverting).  I'll see if I can narrow down what made it work, and
> put  what I find up on the wiki sometime.

Ok, so it seems there is a magical combination to make datetime work
with mssql, php & linux.

  * php with mssql support compiled in
  * freetds with mssql support compiled in
  * mssql.datetimeconvert = Off in php.ini

Through all of my troubleshooting, I had never reached that
combination until now.  But, now I have kronolith happily running with
a mssql backend.

Would anyone oppose using ini_set('mssql.datetimeconvert', 'Off') (or
whatever the syntax is, but you get the idea) in the _initConn()
function?

--Ben