[dev] Horde_RDO and DISTINCT Query?

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Wed Sep 20 08:39:21 PDT 2006

I'm trying to construct a DISTINCT query using Horde_RDO but can't
seem to figure it out how to accomplish what I need.  I'll try to give
a quick summary of what I'm trying to do -

I have two related tables - let's call them flights and aircraft.  The
flights table has a field that is a foreign key into the aircraft
table. I have the relationships set up in the respective Horde_RDO
objects for flights and aircraft and simple queries return the related
data as expected.  What I'm now trying to do is construct a query that
is filtered on a field on the related table - for instance, I want all
records from the flight table that contain aircraft that have a
certain value for 'aircraft_type' - which is a field in the aircraft
table.

Just using $q->addTest() with the field from joined table fails, since
when I do a $mapper->find(), the SQL statement that is build doesn't
include any of the relationships defined in the Horde_RDO objects.

I've tried building the query object, then doing
$q->addRelationship(); $mapper->storage->process();
$mapper->storage->query(), but this always tries to join the two
tables by using each table's primary key instead of foreign key =
primary key.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what I'm missing or
is this a limitation of Horde_RDO?

BTW, thanks to all the developers working on RDO - I LOVE the RDO model!

--
Thanks,
Mike

"Am I getting old, or has the supermarket been playing great music lately?"