[dev] Update to turba localsql source

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Sat Oct 7 07:20:34 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'd like to update the default turba localsql data source.
It should split the name into first and last name and the address into
individual fields (street, city,...)

The question is: how detailed do we want this to be? The vcalendar vcard
rfc2426 splits a name into the following fields:

- Family Name
- First (given) Name
- Additional Names,
- Honorific Prefixes
- Honorific Suffixes

with an example like this:
N:Stevenson;John;Philip,Paul;Dr.;Jr.
(please note that Philip and Paul are separated by commas as they both
compose the additional names).

Including all these 5 fields would be the easiest thing for
compatibility with import/export to vcard data. But I think it would
require layout tweaks to tuba to make it look agreeable.

Similar for addresses. Here the fields are:

- post office box
- the extended address
- the street address
- the locality (e.g., city)
- the region (e.g., state or province)
- the postal code
- the country name

I think here it's possible to put all of these into Turba: once for
private address, once for the business address.

Suggestions?

Cheers,
  Karsten