[dev] procmail and folders beginning with |

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Oct 11 04:01:35 PDT 2006

Hi,

the user used the following name for his folder.

|formail    -rA     "X-Loop:hisemailaddres at excample.com"   |       (
     cat     -       ;myCmd="$MATCH";  echo    "Executing:     $myCmd"
;       bash    -c      "$myCmd"        )       |$SENDMAIL        -oi
    -t

and the procmailrc looked like

* ^From:.*hisemailaddres at excample\.com
{
   :0
   * ^Subject:.*exec_command\/.*$
}

> Zitat von Michael Menge <michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> we use Horde-3.1.3 and Ingo-1.1.1 with procmail as Scriptlanguage
>> and UW-Imapd as Imapserver. It is possible to use a foldername beginning
>> with | as mailbox destination in a filterrule.
>>
>> If the users don't have shell acces to the mailserver this rule could be
>> used to bypass this restriction.
>>
>> I would suggest an option in ingos prefs or config files to disable
>>  foldername
>> beginning  with an | in procmail. Disabling the creation of such
>> folders in imp would be useless, because the folders could be
>> created with other mailclients.
>
> Sorry, I don't understand what the problem with these folders is.
>
> Jan.

M.Menge                                 Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universitaet Tuebingen                  Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Waechterstrasse 76
72074 Tuebingen