[dev] [cvs] [Wiki] changed: SecurityTips

Ben Klang ben at alkaloid.net
Tue Oct 31 11:02:06 PST 2006

On Monday 30 October 2006 12:00, Wiki Guest wrote:
> +It's perfectly safe to put this into your crontab to let PEAR upgrade
> itself.
While of course I would strongly agree that keeping PEAR up to date is a good
idea, do we really want to advocate doing this from CRON?  I recently had an
outage due to an upgrade of the PEAR Mail package when it was released with a
bug.  I was able to respond to it quickly because I was updating after hours
and of course testing as I went.  Updating from CRON just feels inherently
dangerous to me.

/BAK/
--
Ben Klang