[dev] Proposal: Deprecating XML_SVG and Image_svg

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Nov 3 21:19:39 PST 2006

Hello community,

I do not feel like I am maintaining the XML_SVG package in a useful
way, or that it is really the way I'd like to build SVG graphics
anyway were I to want a class to do that. Therefore I'd like to
deprecate that package, and the Image_svg driver that uses it, in
Horde. XML_SVG will be offered to PEAR for a new maintainer and to be
imported into PEAR CVS if desired.

I'd be open to alternate SVG generation methods directly in Horde's
Image package if people want it; I think that things like dojo.chart
or dojo.2d might be the real way to go here though. Again, I'm looking
to reduce the number of things in Horde that we aren't good at, that
aren't our core focus. Drawing graphics isn't one of those things.

-chuck