[dev] Question regarding using custom templates when using the Horde_Form and Horde_Form_Renderer classes

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sat Nov 11 07:39:56 PST 2006

Zitat von ali mohammed <nefertitian at gmail.com>:

> A bit of a newbie'ish question but this has been bugging me for weeks.
>
> I would like to create forms using the Horde_Form class because of the neat
> abstracted way all the form validations and submissions that it implements
> but I dont quite like the output of the form that gets rendered by using the
> RENDERER object. Could anybody provide me a hint or two as how to I could
> use the Horde_Form class but use my own custom form template? And at the
> same time assume that I can still use the $form->validate(...) function to
> take care of the validations?

As you probably already noticed, Horde_Form doesn't use templates but
renderers for the HTML generation. If you want to customize the
output, you need to create your own renderer, extending the existing
renderer. Some applications do this already to support custom form
fields.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/