[dev] Quicksearch and other ajax on nag

Jason Clifton jason at citydiesel.net
Mon Nov 27 09:34:34 PST 2006

With I dont see any errors warnings or problems with firebug, at this
point I am completely confused.  I can help the problem some by
changing  line.filterText = line.innerHTML.stripTags();  to

line.filterText = line.innerHTML;  not really sure why this helps but
it does make it much harder to reproduce the problem, with the code
like this to delete fast enough to cause a problem Most of the time
you have to highlight the search term and delete it all at once.
Sometimes you can find a search term that still causes the problem
normally though

This:

var filterText = line.filterText || line.getAttribute('filterText');
                 if (!filterText) {
                     line.filterText = line.innerHTML.stripTags();
                 }
                 line.filterText = line.filterText.toLowerCase();
             });

to:

var filterText = line.filterText || line.getAttribute('filterText');
                 if (!filterText) {
                     line.filterText = line.innerHTML;
                 }
                 line.filterText = line.filterText.toLowerCase();
             });

No real ideas - any javascript errors when this happens? (try Firebug
> if you don't already have it).
>
> -chuck

> Quoting Jason Clifton <jason at citydiesel.net>:
>
>> I'm integrating the quicksearch changes that have been made to the
>>  head version of nag, and I have some other ajax that's been added
>> to   the page.  The panel.inc menu updates with a javascript
>> function   send() see attachment (code).  I call the quickfinder
>> behavior with   this instead of window load
>>
>> Event.observe('quicksearchL', 'click', QuickFinder.attachBehavior);
>>

>> Can anyone offer any suggestions or insights?
>

> --
> "we are plastered to the windshield of the bus that is time." - Chris

Jason Clifton
City Diesel
www.citydiesel.net