[dev] Template Nested problem

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Dec 18 11:24:40 PST 2006

>>> Whit the recent template changes, another case stoped to work.
>>> Tags like
>>>
>>> <tag:sub_<tag:currencies />.total /><br />
>>>
>>> don't work.
>>>
>>> This was from the old manual example
>>>
>>> <loop:subcat_<tag:categories />>
>>>     <li><tag:subcat_<tag:categories /> /></li>
>>> </loop:subcat_<tag:categories />>
>>
>> This usage has been removed.  See new documentation at:
>> http://wiki.horde.org/Doc/Dev/TemplatePackage
>>
>>> You can see the minerva template at.
>>> http://cvs.horde.org/incubator/minerva/templates/convert/invoice/invoice.html
>>
>> We will have to fix minerva.
>
> This _is_ a BC break, but given the difficulty of nested tags with
> the new code, I'm inclined to let it go if incubator code was the
> only thing using it. Other opinions?

It's a BC break, but I was simply saying that in an app like minerva,
which will never be released under Horde 3, fixing is trivial.

Anyway, if we revert Horde_Template, this is no longer a BC break.
But for reasons described elsewhere (namely, it turns out to take less
code, and is easier to read, if you do this looping via keys instead
of embedded tags), we should get rid of this syntax in the future.

michael