[dev] [cvs] commit: imp folders.php imp/lib/Block summary.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Jan 8 09:04:36 PST 2007

> jan         2007-01-08 08:44:40 PST
>
>   Modified files:
>     .                    folders.php
>     lib/Block            summary.php
>   Log:
>   Reset RECENT flags in folder views too.
>
>   Revision  Changes    Path
>   2.399     +10 -1     imp/folders.php
>   1.84      +10 -1     imp/lib/Block/summary.php

I don't think I agree with these, and it is why I purposely did not
add the reset code to these files.

I think that the new mail notification for a folder should only be
refreshed when a user enters that folder and has an opportunity to
read those messages.  If, for example, you are on the folder screen,
you may have 5 folders with new mail.  You click on one of those
folders, read the messages you want to, and go back to the folders
screen.  With these changes, however, that notification no longer
occurs.  Now there is no way to tell what other 4 folders contain
"new" mail (as opposed to messages flagged unseen).

michael