[dev] [cvs] commit: imp folders.php imp/lib/Block summary.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jan 8 15:33:14 PST 2007

>> It sounds like we have two different expectations of usage here.
>> You don't want new messages to continually pile up - instead, you
>> want an instant snapshot of what has changes since the last server
>> request.  I, on the other hand, find the accumulation of new
>> messages to be a great feature - I *want* to be able to leave the
>> folders screen open so that when I come back to my computer an hour
>> and a half from now, I can see exactly how many messages I have
>> never seen before are waiting for me.  I don't find it useful in
>> this instance to know how many messages have arrived in the past X
>> minutes - I want to know how many messages have arrived in my
>> mailboxes that I have never seen.
>>
>> Since I think both expectations are valid, this seems to me to be
>> screaming "preference".
>
> Fine for me.

This is one of those things where I really feel that less is more -
trying to be all things to all people is not going to serve us well in
the long term. That said this is pretty minor and I'd rather fight
bigger battles. :) So if you both want it to be a preference, go for it.

Although, I'd challenge you to only make it a preference if you can
clearly describe the difference. I'm not sure how I'd put it, honestly.

-chuck