[dev] New SyncML version 0.7.0, call for test cases

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Sun Jan 14 11:46:21 PST 2007

Hi,

I just put a new version 0.7.0 of the SyncML package into cvs.
Most changes in this release are internal and only relevant for
developers who want to create their own backend and use the SyncML
package to make an existing application SyncML-enabled.
Check www.fourmont.org for information on this.

There are also a few bugfixes:

- Syncing tasks should work now (again) in P800/900/Motorola A1000 type
phones. These have tasks and calendar events in the same database which
reuqires special handling.

- fixes to all day events for P900/Morotola A100 and the Funambol
connectors.

The biggest improvement is about test cases: the testsnyc.hp test script
can now replay more types of test cases. Especially those done with the
Funambol connector.

Currently there are test cases for the following clients:
* Synthesis: Tasks
* P800: Events and Tasks
* Funambol Outlook connector 3.0.15: Events (not yet in cvs yet)

See http://wiki.horde.org/SyncMLContributeTesting for more information
about test cases and what they are good for.

This version is pretty close to the first stable release.
For that release I'd like to compile a list of "supported devices".
My definition for a "supported device" is:

A device is supported once
a) it's working
b) I receive a test case for it.

So here's the deal: I'll take care of a) as long as you take care of b) ;-)

So if your phone is not in the list yet, please give it a shot and try
to provide a test case. I'd higly appreciate it!

I also updated the wiki to provide more information about how to setup
Turba with SyncML and how to report problems. See
http://wiki.horde.org/SyncHowTo

Cheers,
  Karsten