[dev] Interacting with the horde RPC/SOAP interface

Markus Meyer meyer at mesw.de
Tue Feb 27 01:56:45 PST 2007

Hi Chuck,

thanks for the explanations.

Chuck Hagenbuch schrieb:
> I also tried using xml-rpc and had much better luck. I assume that
> you're sending HTTP authentication headers with the SOAP request? If
> you can do the same with xml-rpc I think you'll get a proper calendar
> list.
Yes, XML/RPC works better, thank you. I created a Wiki page which
explains this in more detail, including a small Python sample. You can
find it here: http://wiki.horde.org/XmlRpcPythonHowTo

> Again, xml-rpc may well be more forgiving here. It's also likely that
> we can fix this either in the SOAP lib or in Kronolith/Horde itself;
> if you add a bug report to http://bugs.horde.org/ it won't get lost
> and we can track it down at some point.
Yes, with XML/RPC, UTF-8 is correctly returned. I created a ticket
regarding the SOAP problems at http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=5046 and
another ticket for a smaller problem I found with XML/RPC at
http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=5047

Markus