[dev] Extension of commentCallback

duck duck at obala.net
Thu Mar 8 10:46:56 UTC 2007

Jan Schneider wrote:
> I understand how this may perform better. But we are talking about a
> comment API here, and that means that all comment handling has to be
> encapsulated. What you want to do is a hack. If you want a better
> performing API, implemented a method in Agora that allows to retrieve
> the number of comments in a batch mode.
I still think that we must allow this mini hack here in favor to
usability. The problem is that we cannot know when the data are
commented or other things happens inside the comment api. We must allow
a callback on an event. Otherwise is impossible to know on the
application side when a new comment s added and we cannot update stats,
clean cache in application etc. Other implementation outside the
callback will be confusing, hard to maintain and splitted on to many
places.

Duck