[dev] Chora and commitid field

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Thu Mar 15 15:59:53 UTC 2007

 Alright, I can't be the only one that has run into this problem, but I
saw no mention of this in the lists or bugs.  With recent versions of
CVS, a commitID field is stored in the *,v file. When you use rlog to
read the file a message is displayed saying that unknown fields are
present etc... but then the log is displayed properly.  When executing
rlog via php with exec() no values are returned, just an exit code of
1.  This leads to the "Failed to spawn rlog" error in Chora. Even if I
ignored the error check in VC/VC/cvs.php it doesn't change the fact the
no return values are being passed back to PHP.  Has anyone come up with
a way to overcome this?  I can't figure out why no return values are
being passed back to PHP since the command successfully completes.

Any ideas?  I'm unable to use chora with my personal repository any
longer.  :(

--
Thanks,
Mike