[dev] High load

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Sun Mar 18 13:49:58 UTC 2007

Quoting Marc Jauvin <marc at r4l.com>:

> Using HEAD in latest CVS, I get very high load from the php processes.
> Anybody get this behavior?

Hi Marc,

I see something similar but I only seem to see it when using my home server as my personal horde client.  If I shutdown X and go to another computer, using the same home server and a separate client, it is very fast.  In fact, when using the  home unix server as my client, I can access my office horde (different emails and domains, CVS  HEAD, server much faster than the local machine.  The two servers are running the same OS, version, etc. and horde head of seldom more than 48 hours difference in updates.

I also get "Unresponsive Java Script" warnings from Firefox.

I'm not sure that this is similar to your case and I haven't been able to track it down.  My only clue being the firefox warning.  I could very well have nothing to do with Horde CVS and it is only a catalyst.

ed