[dev] OpenId

Martin Fraser mdf at darksnow.net
Sat Mar 31 08:45:01 UTC 2007

Hey all.

Has anyone thought about adding OpenId into the Horde system, either as
a client for single sign on logins or the server itself, or both?

I know OpenId is quite young but the Jan Rain libs seems quite stable
and good, even if the example server is bobbins.

Anyway, if there is no objection I was writing a server for this anyway
and could use Horde for the database backend, prefs and the likes.

My problem was that I wanted to use an LDAP auth backend, but why not
use Horde_Auth instead and authenticate against whatever Horde is using.

Anyway, enough of my random thoughts, anyone want to comment.

Martin...

P.S. I'm still thinking about expanding my upgrade thing to do a full
CVS install and general configuration.