[dev] Ansel - Disable viewing comments while slideshow is running?

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Wed Apr 18 16:49:47 UTC 2007

Now that image comments are updated AJAX style with Ansel's image
view, I was thinking it made sense to disable retrieving and viewing
the comments while the user is viewing the slideshow...realistically,
the user would have to stop the slideshow to read or add any comments,
and this would reduce the load on the server by not having to process
all the XMLHttpRequests for each image. When the slideshow is
stopped/paused, we can grab the current comments and unhide the
comments elements...thoughts?

--
Thanks,
Mike

"Am I getting old, or has the supermarket been playing great music lately?"

ev