[dev] Proposal for Resource booking extension for Kronolith

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Thu Apr 19 15:44:15 UTC 2007

> Zitat von Stephane Pointu <stephane.pointu at purplelabs.com>:

>> Jan Schneider wrote:

>>> You are working against the release version of Kronolith, but you need to
>>> work against CVS HEAD if you want your patches to be accepted.
>> Of course we will work against CVS HEAD. Guillaume has not started the
>> coding yet.
>>

>>> Why don't you "userless admin shares" like proposed by Chuck?
>> We missed this part. So to make sure we well understood, what is needed
>> here is just an interface to create these shares? Then for the rest of
>> the resources booking, we can do as we suggested but using the shares?
>
> Yes, that should work.
>
>> Where would you suggest the creation of these shares? In the
>> Administration section?
>
> Yes.
>
>>> Specifying resources in the configuration seems too inflexible to me. If
>>> using shares you could attach real names, descriptions, resource types etc.
>>> to the resources.
>>>
>>> I don't quite understand the recurrence functionality yet.
>> For recurrence we will ask the user to confirm his next booking. This is
>> an optional feature. We wanted this feature because we saw that a
>> meeting room is booked every week without being used at all occurences.
>> So the resource will be booked for a specified time and a mail will be
>> sent to the user. If he does not confirm before this specified time, the
>> resource will be freed.
>
> I'm not really sure if I like this approach, but I can't come up with
> anything smarter at the moment.

Just to add my .02 here, I'd personally feel a little more comfortable
with this approach if the 'confirmation email' is more of a gentle
reminder to free the resource if it is not going to be used, instead
of it automatically getting released if there is no confirmation.

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)