[dev] Ansel Tags

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Mon May 7 19:11:06 UTC 2007

Just looking for some feedback/suggestions on the following:

1) Currently, when "browsing" tags, matching images/galleries with at
least PERMS_SHOW from all users are returned.  My original idea was to
filter it by user depenging on how one arrived at the results page.
For instance - if you were browsing a gallery ownded by user "mike",
then select a tag to browse, you will initially be shown only results
owned by "mike" (with appropriate permissions, of course).  There
would be a link to show results by all users on the results page.  If
you arrived at the results page via the (as yet non-existent) browse
page, you would be shown results from all users, unless otherwise
selected from the browse page.  Does this sound reasonable to everyone?

2) The only 'gotcha' that I have come across is the generation of the
related tags used when tag browsing. Currently, the query is oblivious
to image ownership and permissions...what this means is that it is
*possible* the user may be shown a tag that only exists on image(s)
that they cannot see - if that  image is also tagged with tag(s) the
user is browsing.  The user will not actually be able to view the
image, so if they try to browse this tag combination, the 'no images'
message will be shown...with the way permission checking currently
works, I'm not really sure how to resolve this.  Even if it were
effecient to join the datatree table to pull out the horde.perms
entries, then parse out the actual permissions, that would be assuming
that the permissions are datatree based...  If anyone has any
suggestions or insight - I'm all ears :)

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)