[dev] resources calendars in Kronolith

Guillaume Estrade guillaume.estrade at purplelabs.com
Thu May 10 14:50:59 UTC 2007

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

>>> Please, don't use the datatree for this code. It is going away
>>> completely in Horde 4 and everywhere we can remove it beforehand we
>>> are.
>>>
>> Ok, I can't use datatree but is the SQL backend and the datatree linked?
> [snip]
>>> We use their identity, which can have a name, and I don't think we
>>> actually use email addresses anywhere. So I'm not sure entirely
>>> what  you're talking about.
>>>
>> Can you give me some clues on the way to manage the resources?
>
> Can you please be much more detailed about how you're designing the
> feature, what data elements are involved, etc.? I don't have a good
> picture of what you're trying to do so advice is hard to figure.
>
> -chuck

I explained in a previous mail how I imagined it.
My company already developed something. See now.png attached

Now, each resources is a virtual user in the LDAP and thus with all
information like the users, but this process is very slow and does not
work when editing or deleting a meeting.
I would like to no longer use virtual users, but dedicated resources
instead.

---- Part of my previous email ----

Hi all,

Below is our proposal for implementing resources management in Horde.
It will be based on Kronolith.

The principle:
When creating/editing an event, the user will be allowed to select a
resource to be added to the event. If the resource is available, it will
be booked (for recurrent events, only the 1st occurrence is checked). If
not, the user will be allowed to update the event to match a period
where the resource is available, or remove the resource from the event.
A view link is added next to each resource for the user to be able to
view the free-busy information for the resource.

Please comment on this.

See display_form.png attached.

Regards