[dev] @category tag

Mike Naberezny mike at naberezny.com
Fri May 11 02:08:04 UTC 2007

Jan Schneider wrote:
 > Historically, @category is being used for the category a package is
 > assigned to in PEAR. That doesn't make much sense for Horde packages
 > unless they are in PEAR though, because we usually have only one
 > package per "category".

I'm not suggesting that we break Horde up into categories like PEAR, only that
we add a universe "@category Horde" since we aren't using tag anyway.

I think this is becoming somewhat of a standard for non-PEAR projects, e.g.
Solar uses "@category Solar" on its files.

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Right... the idea, though, is that someone building docs for multiple
> projects doesn't have any other way of grouping docs by project.

That was my motivation behind it.  If nobody feels strongly against it, I'd
like to add the tag.

Regards,
Mike