[dev] Golem logger

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Mon May 14 14:05:16 UTC 2007

Quoting Ben Klang <ben at alkaloid.net>:

> On Monday 14 May 2007 03:06:16 am Duck wrote:
>> The recent update of Gollem.php Version 1.208 makes Gollem unusable, if
>> logging ins disabled. (The result fo Horde::getLogger is false)
>>
> After grepping through the Horde (and a few modules') sources, I can
> only find
> one good example of getLogger(), which is the one I used to model the commit
> to Gollem.  Further the phpdoc on getLogger() is missing.
>
> I can modify gollem/lib/Gollem.php to check for a return type === false.  Is
> that typically how Horde signifies logging being disabled?  I would like to
> distinguish between disabled logging and an error instantiating the logging.

No. Look at how both Horde::getLogger() is implemented as well as
VFS::setLogger and VFS::log().  You don't technically need to even
check your return value, as VFS::setLogger will check the $logger
parameter for you...and VFS::log() checks for the existence of the
logger before attempting to log....

Thanks,
mike

--