[dev] Horde 3.2 releases

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon May 14 19:20:32 UTC 2007

Quoting Vilius Šumskas <vilius at lnk.lt>:

> Yeah, I understand that. But what about SQL data? Would it be possible
> to transfer all permissions to the next-gen "datatree" without losing
> any information?

Yes.

> And even then, this means that I'll have to rewrite
> portions of 3rd party code that uses permission tables directly (as in
> some cases this is more efficient).

That is true, but in this case, I think if we're able to remove
DataTree from the backend of something like Perms or Shares, the
benefits to the whole community using Horde 3.2 outweigh the pain for
people who've written code that relies on implementation details.

Not that I want to change the implementation details "just because",
of course - it's a consideration. But in this case I believe it's
thoroughly outweighed by the benefits of the change.

-chuck