[dev] Horde 3.2 releases

Duck duck at obala.net
Wed May 16 06:44:01 UTC 2007

On Monday 14 of May 2007 21:23:37 Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Not to say "patch?", but ... :) If you have time to work on a
> non-datatree version of Perms, Groups, or Shares, that would be great
> and having some working code would make it possible for us to consider
> including that in 3.2.

Maybe I can try something. Looking at ticket #3046 probably fixing the
possibility to have per type DT table will be a welcome little step without
BC issues.

The default permission assigning form, uses matrix field type. Even if the
permission systems accepts different field types (maybe I miss it), I don't
see any module that uses other types than matrix. My question is if this
should be leaved or we can stick to matrix? Why? Guests and authenticated
users don't have multiply entries. So for cases that we check permissions for
guests or authenticated uses, we can have a different faster approach (count
on table instead of selecting and unserializing).

Duck