[dev] Horde_RPC_soap tweaks

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon May 21 17:33:24 UTC 2007

Quoting John Morrissey <jwm at horde.net>:

> We've made some changes to Horde_RPC_soap locally to support a somewhat
> substantial (~55-70k SOAP calls/day) Horde application.

Cool - any chance you can tell us what the app is? :)

> 1. Adds a restrictCalls parameter, a regex that calls must match to be
>    allowed.

This one I have a gut reaction against, though I certainly see your
use case. I'm not sure how widespread that need is, though, and I feel
like having more fine-grained control over which methods are exposed,
for all backends, would be better. Unlikely that can be done without
breaking BC though, so I'm neutral on this for now.

> 2. Adds a serviceName parameter, to specify an alternate service name
>    to emit in the WSDL.

This seems fine to me.

> 3. Adds logging of SOAP calls (method, arguments, calling user,
>    elapsed time, and bytes output) at PEAR_LOG_INFO.

I'd make the level PEAR_LOG_DEBUG, but otherwise this is good.

-chuck