[dev] [cvs] commit: incubator/minerva/lib Outcomes.php Recurrence.php api.php incubator/minerva/locale/sl_SI/LC_MESSAGES minerva.mo incubator/minerva/outcome ics.php list.php topay.php incubator/minerva/po minerva.pot sl_SI.po incubator/minerva/recurrence ics.php list.php ...

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sun May 27 09:52:33 UTC 2007

>> This doesn't make any sense. Why would you want to convert invoices to
>> dates to ics data, transport it over http and convert it back to
>> events, if you can pass them directly to Kronolith?
>
> Because it's cacheable and then you only have to deal with one kind of
> external data in Kronolith - ICS. I'm actually in favor of this. I
> agree there's more overhead than going straight db to db, but if you
> look at listTimeObjects now and the obscure bugs that are easily
> introduced into it, I think a cached external ics file is a much, much
> cleaner solution.

How is converting data back and forth into an intermediate format
cleaner than using an internal, clearly defined API? Caching is nice
but could still be done on the API level.
And how are "obscure bugs" easily being introduces into
listTimeObjects() compared to the *tons* of fixes and tweaks we
already had to apply to the iCalendar stuff?

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/