[dev] [cvs] commit: klutz savecomic.php klutz/config conf.xml

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Mon Jun 11 15:37:06 UTC 2007

> Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:
>
>>   Log:
>>   Add config setting to set a default gallery title.  If this string
>> matches the title of a gallery the user has PERMS_EDIT on, then this
>> gallery will be selected by default on the saveimage form.
>
> I understand the motivation here, but this should be a preference, not
> a config setting, and it should pick from a list of ids, not a string
> - using a string is fragile and perhaps prone to complicated trickery,
> though it's hard to see it being too harmful.

OK. Is there a way then, of not showing the preference to users if the
images api is not present - or should we just rely on an admin taking
the pref out of the prefs config in that case?

I also agree about the list of ids, and will implement it that way
when using a pref, but it was impossible to do as a config option for
two reasons - first each user would have a different set of galleries
they have access to, and second, we can't currently add a new
<configspecial> tag without making the application require the
absolute latest version of horde (at least not that I'm aware of).

Regardless, I'll revert and turn it into a pref :)

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)