[dev] text2html issue

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Fri Jun 15 15:38:40 UTC 2007

> Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:
>
>> I'm not really sure if this is an issue with Text_Filter per se, but
>>  I've come across a problem that I can't quite track down. Not
>> filing  on bugs since I'm not 100% sure where the problem lies yet...
>>
>> Within Ansel,  using TEXT_HTML_MICRO while parsing captions in
>> various  places seems to completley break the page.  It seems to
>> have something  to do with where the imp javascript is included. The
>> issue does not  happen when you force a mailto: url.
>>
>> To reproduce: set a image caption to contain something resembling a
>> valid email address, then try to view the gallery page that contains
>>  that image tile... Similar issue when viewing the image view as well.
>>
>> Changling parselevel to TEXT_HTML_MICRO_LINKURL fixes the issue in
>> Ansel, but didn't know if there was some other underlying issue here
>>  that needed to be looked into?
>
> If you haven't fixed this yet, this sounds like a bug (don't know if
> you already filed one or not).

I "fixed" it in Ansel by setting parselevel to TEXT_HTML_MICRO_LINKURL
for now.  I didn't create a ticket yet, since I really wasn't sure if
it was a problem within Text_Filter or just in the way Ansel uses it.

My guess is that the js that is included from IMP (when it's present)
needs to be put in the <head> section to avoid any problems.  I'm not
100% sure though where to do this at. Since we currently can't
guarantee output hasn't started yet when Text_Filter is used, not sure
how to handle this short of just including the script files from
outside of Text_Filter in the <head> section...not a Good Idea.

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)