[dev] Hermes listCostObject configuration

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Jun 21 09:43:48 UTC 2007

Zitat von Duck <duck at obala.net>:

> I would like to purpose an configuration option to select the applications we
> would like to show listCostObject calls. For example Merk provides
> listCostObject call, bu is completely inlogical that is shown. Maybe an

What are Merk's cost object being used for?

> pop-up for costObject selection, with tabs per every module, would be even a
> good choise for people having a lot of costObjects.

Yeah, the usability of the cost object selection is degrading quickly
with the number of objects. I'm not sure if a popup is a better
solution because it requires javascript. Splitting up the cost object
selection into a (form reloading) application selection and a cost
object selection for the selected application could be a solution. But
we already have one form field that reloads the form. And it's
overhead if you only have a few cost objects.

Would it help if we make the cost objects depending on the clients?
The initial cost object list would only contain objects that are not
assigned to any client then.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/