[dev] Hermes listCostObject configuration

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Jun 21 15:49:20 UTC 2007

>> pop-up for costObject selection, with tabs per every module, would be even a
>> good choise for people having a lot of costObjects.
>
> Yeah, the usability of the cost object selection is degrading quickly
> with the number of objects. I'm not sure if a popup is a better
> solution because it requires javascript. Splitting up the cost object
> selection into a (form reloading) application selection and a cost
> object selection for the selected application could be a solution. But
> we already have one form field that reloads the form. And it's
> overhead if you only have a few cost objects.

Well, one option would be to turn the current drop-down into a richer
control (either an autocomplete, or ...) if there is javascript
available on the browser. I'd prefer that to a popup.

> Would it help if we make the cost objects depending on the clients?
> The initial cost object list would only contain objects that are not
> assigned to any client then.

That seems reasonable to me, though I can imagine instances where
clients don't break the list down much.

-chuck