[dev] text2html issue

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Sat Jun 23 22:59:09 UTC 2007

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:

>>> I'm not really sure if this is an issue with Text_Filter per se, but
>>> I've come across a problem that I can't quite track down. Not
>>> filing  on bugs since I'm not 100% sure where the problem lies yet...
>>>
>>> Within Ansel,  using TEXT_HTML_MICRO while parsing captions in
>>> various  places seems to completley break the page.  It seems to
>>> have something  to do with where the imp javascript is included. The
>>> issue does not  happen when you force a mailto: url.
>>>
>>> To reproduce: set a image caption to contain something resembling a
>>> valid email address, then try to view the gallery page that contains
>>> that image tile... Similar issue when viewing the image view as well.
>>>
>>> Changling parselevel to TEXT_HTML_MICRO_LINKURL fixes the issue in
>>> Ansel, but didn't know if there was some other underlying issue here
>>> that needed to be looked into?
>

> Alright, I dove into this some more and at least I've found the
> exact  point that breaks this - Text_Filter_emails calls
> mail/compose when it  encounters an email-like string.  Following
> that through,  imp/lib/base.php is eventually included which
> attempts to start  compression...which was already started from
> within Ansel's base.php.   For some reason, the static variable
> $started in  Horde::compressOutput() is not retaining it's value the
> second time it  is called (from imp's base.php), and since we are
> already buffering,  the if block checking ob_get_level will be true
> - and the buffer will  be cleared.
>
> I'm at a loss as to why $started is not acting statically here.

A long shot, but I'm wondering if this is an issue with me running php
as a cgi with lighttpd.  Can someone *not* using it as a cgi test this
for me?  Than I'll know for sure if this even a horde issue?

Simplest way to test would be something like a new file testme.php:

<code>

@define('ANSEL_BASE', dirname(__FILE__));
require_once ANSEL_BASE . '/lib/base.php';

/** Text_Filter */
require_once 'Horde/Text/Filter.php';

include ANSEL_BASE . '/templates/common-header.inc';

echo 'you should see me also....';

echo Text_Filter::filter('mike at here.com', 'text2html',
array('parselevel' => TEXT_HTML_MICRO));

</code>

If all you get is the output of the Text_Filter call, then my problem
is confirmed...

Thanks!

Thanks,
mike