[dev] update prefs from within a hook?

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Thu Jul 12 00:13:55 UTC 2007

I came across a problem when trying to update user prefs from within
the _horde_hook_share_init() hook while logging in. It seems that the
problem is when  $prefs->setValue() is called, and in turn calls the
Horde::callHook() function, it prevents the horde side bar from
reloaded, every thing is fine.  The logs show the message about the
_prefs_change_hook__addressbooks not being called (there is no such
hook in this case) and that the prefs are stored (and indeed they
are). Commenting out the Horde::callHook() call prevents the problem
from occuring.  Any thoughts on why this might be happening?  I can't
seem to find any...

--
Thanks,
Mike

"Time just hates me, that's why it made me an adult." - Josh Joplin