[dev] Clients UI

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Jul 15 19:28:42 UTC 2007

Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:

>> The autocomplete works well; an option to allow selecting multiple
>> clients would probably be good.
>
> I though  about this but I haven't got any situation for this right now.

Fair enough.

>> Do you have anything to display the
>> name but store the id of the client as well?
>
> If you have the client_id field in the form it will be filled too.

Great.

>> I'm not sold on the popup. I know that some people will need more than
>> autocomplete, but I think that a complicated dialog like that should
>> probably live in Turba and not be specific to clients (though of
>> course you should be able to lock it to a single address book). Kind
>> of like the Gollem selectFiles dialog.
>
> On the other side, if is in the clients, it will be easiest to extend the
> renderer for application purposes if needed.  And we need a app swich less.

Well it's a popup window; the app switch isn't really an issue
(actually if the dialog is in turba then you eliminate registry calls,
not add them). It's a fine balance between reusing code and the
ability to customize it. I'm mainly speaking here from the
contacts.php dialogs that we have in several applications now (imp,
kronolith), all of which need to be upgraded for fixes and
improvements, instead of having just one in Turba.

> BTW in Gollem selectFile the first time the method is called I always get
> redirected to the gollem manager.php after auto login instead of remaining on
> the module page.

If it's not already, that should be filed on bugs.horde.org.

-chuck