[dev] [cvs] commit: turba/lib Turba.php base.php turba/lib/Driver imsp.php share.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Jul 18 22:21:06 UTC 2007

> I didn't follow this whole thread, but do you guys think it's possible
> to either keep some code in HEAD that still works with the old data
> style, or add some forward compatible code to FW_3 that supports the
> new style, so that transition is easier? I think this is the first
> time that we break some important data structures so much that you
> can't run the two versions side-by-side at all.

Given that the whole point of these changes is to make it possible to
completely replace the share driver, I think this is unlikely.

There have been IMP preferences that aren't compatible, I know, or at
least not backwards compatible.

I understand the concern; I wonder how many people this is an issue
for, though?

-chuck