[dev] [cvs] commit: turba/lib Turba.php base.php turba/lib/Driver imsp.php share.php

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Thu Jul 19 00:05:44 UTC 2007

> Zitat von Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:
>
>> Quoting Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:

>>> If this is the only holdup, then I don't think this is that much of a
>>> problem - changing the use_shares source _is_ changing the source of
>>> the contacts in it, and if we could have an upgrade or "switch" script
>>> for it.
>>
>> Ok.  The only gotcha here is that any upgrade script wouldn't be
>> able  to update sources that need a user login...like IMSP.  But I
>> guess as  long as we document this somewhere at least admins will
>> know.
>
> Maybe the update could be done transparently. I personally won't like
> that because I still need to run the same address books on both the
> FW_3 and HEAD versions and rather want to decide myself when I'm going
> to upgrade them, but it's much nicer for the admins and fixes the
> authentication problem.

Not sure what you mean by transparently here.  Do you mean to build
the conversion into the code itself, or run it as a maintenance task?

Just to be clear here (since you said you haven't been following the
thread), this is only referring to updating contact lists that contain
contacts from other address books and those other address books are
visible whether or not shares are enabled.  It's not referring to the
original flatten shares update. So...if your only using shares with a
SQL source this particular issue wouldn't really be an issue - since
you wouldn't even see any of the other sources with shares
disabled...the larger data structure issue, of course, would still
apply - though I'd have to agree with Chuck: while I understand your
particular issue, I would see trying to implement both types of share
structures as a step backwards since we are ultimately trying to
remove datatree usage altogether.