[dev] Horde 3.2 Alpha Releases: Status and call for help/participation

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jul 30 16:16:38 UTC 2007

Horde Community:

We would like to release the first alpha of Horde 3.2 and the primary
release applications (see http://wiki.horde.org/ReleaseManagement)
this week.

To this end, here are the things that need to happen:

ShowStoppers
------------

We have compiled a list of "show stopping" issues here:
http://wiki.horde.org/ShowStoppersThreeTwo

* We need to do a little bit of work to spec out the listTimeObjects
feature to support multiple time objects. For example, when you are
viewing tasks on your calendar, how should we represent the option for
whether or not to only see tasks with due dates, or future tasks? What
about the various dates available from Whups tickets? Not all of this
work needs to be done for the first alphas, but we should have the
feature speced.

* We need a script to migrate Turba data from the old format (single
name and address fields) to the new default schema (separate first and
last name fields, separate fields for pieces of address data). This
script does not need to be perfect especially at first. A contribution
of a basic script would be VERY helpful.

* We need to fix a maintenance bug with PHP 4
(http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=5111)

We also need to know if there is anything missing from this show
stoppers list!

Release Announcements

We need release announcements for the initial release applications
(Horde 3.2, IMP 4.2, Ingo 1.2, Kronolith 2.2, Mnemo 2.2, Nag 2.2, and
Turba 2.2).

That's basically it - the release scripts will take care of the rest
and we'll be on our way to Horde 3.2.

Thanks in advance,
-chuck