[dev] Timezones with dates before 1970

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Aug 13 01:17:31 UTC 2007

Community-

I'm looking for some feedback on this ticket:

http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=5593

Basically, if you have both a recent glibc OR are on Windows, and
aren't using PHP 5, dates before 1970 and after 2038 don't work with
unix timestamps. The ticket above is for parsing vTimezone data, which
suffers from this problem depending on the dates in the timezone rules.

Does anyone have a sense of how often vTimezone data has dates before
1970 in it? I'd rather let this go if it's an edge case, since PHP 5
will handle it just fine anyway, but if we have to, we can put in some
workaround code.

Thanks,
-chuck