[dev] [Kolab-devel] permission problem with caching feature

Sönke Schwardt schwardt at univention.de
Tue Aug 21 12:56:14 UTC 2007

Hi!

Am Dienstag 21 August 2007 11:48 schrieb Gunnar Wrobel:
> > Warning: file_get_contents(/tmp/cache_9f1846117c7ec45bb5c0cd5f8f4e8f51):
> > failed to open stream: Permission denied
> > in /usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/Cache/file.php on line 102
> >
> > The requested file exists in /tmp but owner and group of that file are
> > root:root with 0664 permissions. Our apache 2.2 is running as user
> > www-data, so horde is unable to read it. Any idea which process creates
> > those temp files and how to solve that problem?
>
> The cache files probably originate from Horde template
> processing. Take a look at their contents to be certain. It is
> definitely strange that these files are owned by root because they
> should have been written by the web server. Maybe they are old files?
>
> On what occasions does Horde display these messages? I assume that you
> only see the messages after performing specific actions. Or does it
> occur randomly?

On the first view it occured randomly but meanwhile we tracked it down. A
cronjob calling reminders.php has been run accidently as root which caused
some cache files to be created as root. After fixing that the problem seems
to be gone.

> In any case the problematic files should NOT originate from the new
> caching of Kolab groupware objects. These are named "kolab_cache*".

All kolab_cache* files were ok and owned by www-data.

> Just as a side note though I guess you know that: you will need to
> apply some of the patches from current Kolab CVS in order to get the
> full compatibility.

Yes, we did. And fixed already a calendar issue.

Thanks for helping us,

 Sönke
--
** Besuchen Sie uns auf der Systems vom 23.-26. Oktober 2007 in München **
   ** Themenpark "Perspektive Open Source" - Halle B2 - Stand 110-17 **

Sönke Schwardt          Entwicklung               schwardt at univention.de
Univention GmbH         Linux for your business    fon: +49 421 22232-40
Mary-Somerville-Str.1   28359 Bremen               fax: +49 421 22232-99
                                                http://www.univention.de